Thursday, April 29, 2010

Favorite Cookbooks (at the moment)

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there but I read cookbooks, not just skim the recipes but read them like they are a novel.  I truly love cookbooks (and books in general).  Then I go back and put little sticky notes on all the recipes I want to try. This past Christmas I got a few of them as presents and sadly some of them I haven't even cooked from yet.  Once the big move is over and we are finally settled somewhere my big plan is to make weekly menus for at least a month from all of these cookbooks that I have in my collection.

There is one in particular that I can't wait to cook from, and that is Tom Colicchio's Think Like A Chef. The recipes in this cookbook are simply amazing sounding.  I would love (and I mean LOVE) to eat at one of his restaurants in the near future!  Who knows maybe it will happen.

Lately I've been adapting recipes from a cookbook that my friend Janine had signed and sent to me by Ellie Krieger called So Easy.  And she isn't kidding her recipes are very easy and extremely tasty.  One of my favorite ones so far is her Garlic-Basil Shrimp.  I could probably eat this once a week (but I don't).



Another current favorite cookbook of mine is the Allergy-Free cookbook by Alice Sherwood.  I use many of her recipes also.  For example the great blueberry muffins that I just made are from this cookbook.  This cookbook is so helpful because it will take a recipe and tell you how to make it: gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and or egg free!!



A friend of ours got me a cookbook for Christmas because he always sees me posting recipes or pictures of food on facebook and saw that it said gluten free.  Turns out to be an amazing cookbook that got some rave reviews!  Artisanal Gluten Free Cooking.  I've made a few recipes out of here and they were all very very good.  Even Bryan's mom made a recipe out of here on my last night in New Jersey.

On the list of cookbooks to concur when we move (besides Tom Colicchio's) are the following:

The Flying Apron



BabyCakes




On the list of cookbooks to buy are the following:

The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook



Jamie's Food Revolution



The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook



Gluten Free Girl and the Chef

3 comments:

sara said...

Sign me up for "So Easy" and "Food Revolution"
My lame G.F. cook book didn't make the cut I guess - oh well ;)

Tweets that mention Favorite Cookbooks (at the moment) « Creative Cooking : Gluten Free -- Topsy.com said...

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jennifer D. Harris, Jenny Manseau. Jenny Manseau said: Favorite Cookbooks (at the moment): http://wp.me/pnrJm-7f [...]

Jenny Manseau said...

Sara - your cookbook isn't lame, its just packed up and ready to ship already :) Love you.