Saturday, April 3, 2010

Coconut Macaroons by Elana's Pantry



I truly love the recipes on Elana's Pantry. They are tasty and easy to do. Today I made Elana's Pantry's Coconut Macaroons and they are awesome. The only alteration I made to the recipe was I topped it with some melted chocolate. I'll be honest, it's really hard not to eat these all tonight. I've had about three little ones already and could continue to eat them. You should all give these a try.
Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons
6 egg whites
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups shredded coconut

  1. In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff

  2. Fold in agave, vanilla and coconut

  3. Drop batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoonful at a time

  4. Pinch each macaroon at the top (like a kiss)

  5. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned

  6. Serve


No comments: